Learn how to turn technology into a valuable resource that drives the strategy of your company, and plan for business needs so you don't get locked into solutions that don't work.
- [Instructor] IT is like every other utility that business owners have to deal with except for one thing, it's completely different. Hello, I'm Scott Burrell, and I'm really excited to be presenting this course on IT in business. I would like to spend the next little while having an open and frank conversation with you about how to take the technology that you love to hate and turn it into a valuable resource that drives the strategy of your company. I think you'll find that this course can set you on a path to a better relationship between technology and the businesses that use it.
- Including IT in strategy
- What does IT bring to strategy?
- Communicating the big picture
- Selecting and evaluating the effectiveness of training and development activities
- Choosing the right hardware, platforms, and applications
- Who owns the devices?
- Site planning
- External and internal connectivity