AI algorithms can be hacked by malicious actors. For example, carefully chosen visual noise can lead an algorithm to misidentify images of dogs as images of toasters, or images of randomly chosen people as suspected terrorists. Malicious actors can also feed sufficiently large quantities of deliberately mislabeled data to render an adversary's AI algorithm useless.
- [Instructor] A particularly noxious form of harassment…is called swatting, and what this is…is when a person calls the police, calls the SWAT team,…and says that the person that they don't like…is selling drugs or is doing something…horrible at their house,…and it brings out the SWAT team,…who breaks into their house, arrests them,…and disrupts their lives immensely.…Needless to say, this is illegal,…the harassment by swatting.…And the person who calls it could be held liable…for a lot of things if you can identify them.…
But it lets you know there are times that people use…existing systems against people…in ways that were not anticipated.…The same thing can happen with artificial intelligence.…I call it harassment by AI.…What's happening here is that…the person who is causing the trouble…can intentionally manipulate an AI algorithm…to produce inaccurate results.…Now, this is different from what you what you might call…the unforced errors of accidental miscategorization.…That's a technical problem that can be overcome.…
- Bias in AI
- Navigating the social challenges of AI
- Moral reasoning and relational ethics
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and AI
- Discrimination in data
- Liability and AI
- AI in life-and-death situations
- Confronting the challenges of AI as a developer, executive, and consumer
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Context for AI
2. Technical Challenges of AI
3. Social Challenges of AI
4. Legal Challenges of AI
5. Safety Challenges of AI
AI in the military4m 36s
6. Confronting the Challenges of AI
Next steps2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.