Learn how to determine the impact of security automation on systems.
- [Instructor] Vulnerability assessments.…When it comes to protecting your cloud environment,…it's critical to understand that being proactive,…is always a good practice.…Vulnerability assessments is essentially a process…that defines, identifies, and classifies the security holes…which are also known as vulnerabilities,…in a computer, network or communications infrastructure.…
And this would be no different then what you would want to do…in your cloud environments.…When it comes to vulnerability assessments,…generally the main purpose is to help determine…the effectiveness of counter measures.…Should also be regularly done…with your cloud providers' practices.…Never run a vulnerability assessment or a pen test…without actually confirming with your service provider.…
Scanners such as OWAS, OpenVAS, are good examples.…And these are generally open source as well.…When it comes to specific service provider tools,…Google has what is called the Google Cloud Security Scanner,…and Amazon has what is called the Amazon Inspector.…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks