The world of enterprise computing has changed dramatically over the years and the advent of virtualization is one of those transformative changes. This technology allows many different virtual servers to make use of the same underlying hardware. In this video, learn the concept of virtualization and associated security risks.
- [Instructor] The world of enterprise computing…has changed dramatically over the years…and the advent of virtualization…is one of those transformative changes.…It was only a few decades ago…that enterprise computing was confined…to the world of the data center and its mainframe.…Dozens of computing professionals…carefully tended to this very valuable resource…that served as the organization's electronic nerve center.…Then in the 1980s and 1990s,…the enterprise IT landscape shifted dramatically.…
We moved away from the world of monolithic mainframes…to a new environment of client/server computing.…This shift brought tremendous benefits.…First, it put computing power right on the desktop…allowing users to perform many actions…directly on their own machines…without requiring mainframe access.…Centralized computing improved also…by allowing the use of dedicated servers…for specific functions.…It became much easier to maintain data centers…with discrete servers than tending to a cranky mainframe.…
Over the past decade,…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.