Virtualization allows multiple guest operating systems to run on a single hardware platform. This provides tremendous flexibility, portability of systems among hardware, and cost-effective sharing of hardware resources. In this video, learn about the security issues surrounding virtualization, including snapshots, patching, host availability, elasticity, security control testing, and sandboxing.
- [Instructor] Virtualization is taking…data centers by storm.…Between public and private cloud computing,…a significant portion of the world's servers…are now virtualized.…Virtualization technology allows…multiple guest operating systems to run…on a single hardware platform.…This provides tremendous flexibility,…the portability of systems among hardware,…and the cost effective sharing of hardware resources.…Now, let's take a look at the host security issues…that you'll need to tackle in a virtualized environment.…
One of the most powerful tools…granted by a virtualization platform…is the ability to quickly and easily snapshot systems.…Since a virtualized system doesn't have any actual hardware,…all it is is a file stored on a disk.…You can make a copy of that file just as you would…any other file and quickly have a copy of the entire system…that you can spin up as a new server.…Let me give that a try.…I'm running the Parallels virtualization platform on my Mac.…As you can see here, I have the guest machine installed…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.