Discover the advantages and disadvantages of virtualization, to include hypervisors, VDI, and secure enclaves and volumes.
- [Instructor] For cloud computing to gain…its intended cost savings and efficiencies,…it relies heavily on the concept of virtualization.…By using virtualization, numerous logical servers…can be placed on a single physical server.…This, in turn, reduces the amount of…physical space, power, and cooling that's required…inside your data centers.…Additionally, by using virtualization,…we can achieve high levels of availability…by spinning up additional virtual servers when necessary.…This ability to dynamically provision…memory and CPU resources is one of the…key benefits to cloud computing.…
While there are a lot of benefits to cloud computing,…there are still numerous security issues…that we have to consider.…Most of the same security issues that we have…with physical servers also get carried over…into the cloud environment.…Oftentimes, executives think that all their problems…will be solved by moving to the cloud,…and this simply is not the case.…When using virtualization, one or more logical servers…will reside on a single physical server.…
- Adapting data flow security to changing business needs
- Provisioning and deprovisioning resources
- Security and privacy considerations of storage integration
- Integrating the cloud and virtualization into the secure enterprise architecture
- Identity proofing and identity propagation
- Integrating cryptographic techniques into the secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Mobile device encryption considerations
- Integrating secure communications and collaboration solutions
Skill Level Advanced
CASP+ Cert Prep: 1 Risk Managementwith Jason Dion2h 34m Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
2. Integrating the Cloud and Virtualization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
3. Integrating Authentication and Authorization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
4. Integrating Cryptographic Techniques into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
5. Integrating Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
What next?3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.