As organizations begin to increasingly use vendors for services that include the storage, processing, and transmission of sensitive information, they must pay careful attention to the vendor’s information management practices. In this video, learn the importance of vendor information management practices including preventing unauthorized data sharing, data ownership, and backups.
- [Narrator] As organizations begin…to increasingly use vendors for services…that include the storage, processing,…and transmission of sensitive information,…they must pay careful attention…to the vendors' information management practices.…Data ownership issues often arise in supplier relationships,…particularly when the vendor is creating information…on behalf of the customer.…Agreements put in place prior…to beginning a new vendor relationship…should contain clear language around data ownership.…In most cases a customer will want to ensure…that the customer retains uninhibited ownership…of the information,…and that the vendor's right to use the information…is carefully limited to activities…performed on behalf of…and with the knowledge and consent of the customer.…
In addition, customers should ensure…that the contract includes language…that requires the vendor securely delete…all customer information within an acceptable…period of time after the relationship ends.…One particular area of concern is data sharing.…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 33m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.