One of the most important components of managing vendor relationships is ensuring that appropriate agreements are in place to ensure interoperability and require that the vendor provide a level of service consistent with the customer’s expectations. In this video, learn about memorandums of understanding, or MOUs, service level agreements, or SLAs, business partnership agreements, or BPAs and interconnection security agreements, or ISAs.
- [Narrator] One of the most important components…of managing vendor relationships…is ensuring that appropriate agreements are in place…to ensure interoperability…and require that the vendor provide…a level of service consistent…with the customer's expectations.…As an organization begins to evaluate…a new vendor relationship,…it should establish service-level requirements…or SLRs that describe the organization's expectations…of the vendor during the relationship.…These requirements may address…any concerns that the customer has…for the quality of service provided by the vendor.…
For example, service-level requirements may include…system response time, service availability,…data preservation requirements,…or any other parameter specified by the customer.…Once an organization negotiates these SLRs with the vendor,…it should document the results…in a service-level agreement, or SLA.…The SLA is a written contract…between the vendor and the customer…that describes the conditions of service…and penalties the vendor will incur…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.