This video explores validation and acceptance testing processes.
- [Instructor] Any systems or applications developed…should undergo validation and acceptance testing.…Validation testing is used to verify that a system…or application meets the functional security requirements…that were defined back by the customer…in the requirements document.…Acceptance testing on the other hand,…is used of a final acceptance of the system,…or the application by the end user.…Both of these types of testing are extremely important…to the utility and warranty of your system or application.…For example, if your application…meets all the functional and security requirements,…but it doesn't get accepted by your end users,…it's pretty much worthless.…
In addition to conducting validation and acceptance testing…for systems and applications,…you can also utilize these for your security controls…as they're implemented within your organization.…Each security control implemented…should be tested for its validity,…but it also needs to be accepted by the end users,…otherwise, they might attempt to bypass…
Looking for study partners?Join the CASP+ Exam study group
To effectively fight off malware and cyberattacks on an enterprise network, IT security professionals must understand how to collaborate with colleagues across their organization and research new and emerging threats. In this installment of the CASP+ Cert Prep series, instructor Jason Dion equips you with research methods and collaboration techniques that can help you implement secure designs in your business, as well as prepare for domain 5 of the CASP+ exam: Research, Development, and Collaboration. Learn methods for researching industry trends that could impact your network, review key security activities across both the systems and software development lifecycles, and discover how to collaborate with stakeholders in a range of different roles, from database administrators to HR teams.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.