Security education programs should include a wide variety of topics related to user habits. In this video, learn important user habits that should be addressed in an information security awareness program, including passwords, data handling, clean desk policies, tailgating, BYOD security, social networking, and peer-to-peer networking.
- [Narrator] Security education programs…should include a wide variety of topics…related to user habits.…By replacing risky habits with strong security habits,…organizations reduce the likelihood…that user accounts will become compromised.…Let's take a look at some of the habits…that security education programs should address.…Security training should include coverage…of password security practices.…Most organizations already have…a password security policy…that enforces requirements…such as password complexity and password expiration.…
Security training programs should remind users…of these requirements and also educate them…about the importance of requirements…that can't be enforced with technology.…For example, users should know that reusing…their work password on websites and other accounts…jeopardizes security because those websites…or other accounts may be compromised.…Organizations should also include…data handling procedures…in their security training programs.…Users must know the proper ways to store,…transmit, and destroy sensitive information.…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.