In addition to understanding how strong security habits can improve information security, users should also understand how attackers target users to undermine an organization’s security. In this video, learn about common user-based threats that may be combatted with strong security awareness and training programs. These include Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), zero-days, new viruses, and phishing attacks.
- [Instructor] In addition to understanding how strong…security habits can improve information security,…users should also understand how attackers target users…to undermine an organization's security.…Security education programs should include coverage…of user-based security threats.…Phishing is one of the most common…user-based threats facing organizations.…In a phishing attack,…attackers send legitimate looking messages…to end users seeking to get them…to disclose sensitive information,…or perform another action that undermines security.…
These messages can appear very realistic…using corporate logos and terminology.…The example phishing message shown here…was used to impersonal Citibank.…While phishing uses messages targeted at end users,…it's only one example of a category of attacks…known as social engineering.…In social engineering, attackers attempt…to manipulate individuals into undermining security.…Security awareness efforts…should inform users that social engineering…isn't limited to email and that they should be wary…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.