In addition to understanding how strong security habits can improve information security, users should also understand how attackers target users to undermine an organization’s security. In this video, learn about common user-based threats that may be combatted with strong security awareness and training programs. These include Advanced Persistent Threats, or APTs, zero-days, new viruses, and phishing attacks.
- [Instructor] In addition to understanding how strong…security habits can improve information security,…users should also understand how attackers target users…to undermine an organization's security.…Security education programs should include coverage…of user-based security threats.…Phishing is one of the most common user-based threats…facing organizations.…In a phishing attack, attackers send…legitimate looking messages to end users…seeking to get them to disclose sensitive information…or perform another action that undermines security.…
These messages can appear very realistic,…using corporate logos and terminology.…The example phishing message shown here…was used to impersonate Citibank.…While phishing uses messages targeted at end users,…it's only one example of a category of attacks…known as social engineering.…In social engineering, attackers attempt to manipulate…individuals into undermining security.…Security awareness efforts should inform users…that social engineering isn't limited to email…and that they should be wary of suspicious requests…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.