Understand the capability of a top third-party application performance dashboards.
- [Instructor] So another product that I've used…with Amazon Application Monitoring…third-party product is New Relic.…Here is their website.…And if you go to the products,…they have free trials as well.…And you could look at New Relic for AWS here.…Now, in the interest of time, I'm just going to show you…what a typical New Relic dashboard will look like.…And if you are interested,…they have some really advanced capability…and I encourage you to do the free trial.…You can see here that the idea is…to have end to end applications monitoring for DevOps.…
So you define your metrics,…and this goes way back to the beginning of this course,…the service level agreements.…What is fast, for example?…And you can see on this page…they have browser page load time…and you can look at the queuing…and what's going on with the network.…And then we have some other company metrics here,…the Apdex score, page views, so on and so forth.…And New Relic is really designed to take Amazon services,…and other company services,…but Amazon for this particular discussion,…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.