Learn how work with the AWS TrustedAdvisor service to fix common issues around cost optimization, performance, security, and fault tolerance. Understand how to use AWS recommendations for service usage and to save money.
- [Instructor] The next service we're going to look at…is Trusted Advisor.…Now this, like the core services…of CloudWatch and CloudFormation,…I highly recommend that any AWS customer use.…There are so many useful pieces…of monitoring information in the Trusted Advisor,…it's really just almost being irresponsible not to use it.…And the reason I'm being a little strong about this…is I really often find customers don't use it.…And I've saved customers literally thousands…and tens of thousands of dollars by showing them…how to use a service that already exists.…
So you really, really want to use this.…So what is it?…I turned it on, and it refreshed itself.…You've got four aspects here: cost optimization,…performance, security, and fault tolerance.…Amazon automatically looks at your service usage,…and reports back to you on a regular basis…aspects of these four key parts…of successfully running your application on Amazon.…If you get a warning, like we see in security,…then they're going to give you a suggested action.…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.