Join Ryan Spence for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating Android software, part of Learning Mobile Device Security.
- [Instructor] More than any individual user,…the manufacturer has the largest interest…in making sure the devices are safe and secure.…Therefore for the general population,…it is a strong recommendation to make sure…their devices are as up to date as possible.…Let's go to our device and make sure updates are set.…Here on the the device I will swipe up…and I'll select the bottom right Settings.…I'll swipe down to System and select System.…
I'll select Advanced, and at the very bottom…we see System Update, updated to Android nine.…If I select that, then select Check for update,…it will look out to Google…and verify the latest update is installed.…
- Recognize two risks that accompany mobile devices.
- Recall the steps you should take to prepare a mobile phone for resale.
- Name three causes of an unrecognizable fingerprint scan.
- Identify two options available when setting up device administrators.
- Explore storage settings to maximize space on your mobile device.
- Explain how the location services tool finds a missing device.
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
Learning iPhone and iPad Securitywith Nick Brazzi1h 44m Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Security through Mobile Management
5. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.