Learn how to define the value of specific cloud storage use cases.
- [Instructor] So let's talk more about defining the value…of cloud storage, and what you need to explain…to your leadership in order to acquire cloud storage…as a viable alternative to buying hardware and software.…So take a closer look at this particular slide.…The problem that we have with hardware and software…is that we have that of wasted capacity.…We have to buy ahead of the need.…And as you know, especially if you work for a big company,…like a Global 2000 company or the government,…that you need to spend a lot of time and energy,…that is dedicated to acquiring disks,…disk storage management, storage area networks,…all these sorts of things which basically account for…on-premise storage.…
Normally, we buy way ahead of capacity, so we may buy,…the capacity that we need in two years now,…so that we do not have to go through the same…sort of drudgery of going through an acquisition cycle…sooner rather than later. So we may have wasted capacity…that sits around basically doing nothing.…How many have you have gone into a data center…
- Block storage, object storage, and file storage
- Planning cloud storage
- Allocating storage instances on AWS
- Securing storage instances
- Usage-based accounting
- Defining costs, projected growth, and implementation plans
- Cloud storage use cases
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
1. Cloud Storage Basics
2. AWS Cloud Storage
3. Cloud Storage Planning
4. Cloud Storage Use Cases
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.