In this video, you can learn about the three main techniques used by cloud storage providers to ensure the security of your data, such as encryption, authentication, and authorization practices.
- [Instructor] No matter what type of data…you're going to be storing in the cloud,…you're going to want it to be secure.…Let's look at what cloud storage providers do…to keep your data secure.…Keep in mind that most systems…will use a combination of the following techniques,…beginning with encryption.…That's a complex algorithm…that's used to encode your information.…Data leaving or coming to your computer…over the Internet gets encrypted,…and it looks like garbage until it's decoded.…Users need the encryption key to decode encrypted data,…and without it,…cracking the encrypted data is extremely difficult.…
It's not impossible,…but most hackers simply don't have…the necessary computer processing power…required to crack the code.…Next is authentication.…Processes are used to protect access to data,…which is simply the requirement for a user…to create a username and a password to access their data.…Lastly is authorization practices.…That's where clients list people…who are authorized to access the data…stored on the cloud system.…
- Cloud components and infrastructure
- Cloud computing benefits
- Cloud security
- Cloud storage considerations
- Working with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, iCloud, and more
- Using collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, and more
- Migrating to the cloud
- Monitoring the performance of your cloud services
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Evaluate Cloud Computing for Business
3. Cloud Storage
About storage providers2m 1s
4. Cloud Tools and Services
5. Cloud Tools for Teams
6. Migrate to the Cloud
7. Evaluate Cloud Performance
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.