Learn how to determine the business case for the private cloud.
- [Narrator] Alright, let's understand the business case…for private clouds.…What's important is that the larger portion…of the ROI created by private clouds will be…the agility and time to market advantages.…You're typically not going to get cost savings…or hard cost savings advantages from private clouds…because they leverage the same hardware and software…footprint that a traditional system does.…So the basic idea is private clouds can be more cost…effective than public clouds, sometimes.…So while I can't make a statement that private clouds…are always going to be more cost effective…cause they're not, or public are always going to be…more cost effective cause they're not,…you have to look at your own requirements…and back your own requirements into your particular…technology solution, private or private cloud computing.…
Private clouds can reduce security issues…which reduce costs.…So, in other words, if you have to be audited…and you have to have a physical audit,…in other words, people have to come look…
- Private cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing OpenStack
- Reviewing Microsoft Private Cloud
- Reviewing VMware vCloud Suite
- Reviewing Apache CloudStack
Skill Level Beginner
1. Private Cloud Basics
2. Private Cloud Platforms
4. Microsoft Private Cloud
5. VMware vCloud Suite Private Cloud
6. Apache CloudStack Private Cloud
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.