Learn how to determine the business case for private cloud.
- [Instructor] It's very helpful to understand…the business case for leveraging public clouds.…Let's talk about what's important.…Public clouds are able to share resources,…and thus do more with less, so,…the sharing of resources means that they're able to…pass a value down to you in terms of efficiency,…so if Amazon is able to share their resources…with thousands of different companies,…then they're able to make more use of those resources.…And they're able to do more with less…because typically within traditional data centers,…you'll find that the resources typically aren't optimized.…
They're you know three to five percent of utilization…and public clouds are typically at 80%, 90% of utilization.…And so that means that we're able to…lower power costs, we're able to lower costs…of running these various applications,…we don't have to build as many data centers.…There's a lot of benefits to that from…a business point of view and also form a green…point of view and also from…just an economics of running businesses.…
- Public cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Reviewing Microsoft Azure
- Reviewing Google Cloud Platform
- Reviewing IBM Softlayer
Skill Level Beginner
1. Public Cloud Basics
2. Public Cloud Platforms
3. Amazon Web Services
4. Microsoft Azure
5. Google Cloud Platform
6. IBM Softlayer
Next steps3m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.