Attackers have many different tools and techniques at their fingertips, and information security professionals must maintain awareness of the changing threat landscape. In this video, learn about different attack types, as well as the use of diagramming and reduction analysis to help identify potential attacks against information systems.
- After identifying potential threats to an information…system, security analysts should move on to the next phase…of the threat modeling process.…Considering a possible attacks to each system.…Let's take a look at the various types of attacks…that may be used against information systems.…Microsoft uses the STRIDE model to help categorize attacks.…This model is a helpful starting point when you are…trying to identify the attacks that may be used…against any particular system.…Each letter in the word STRIDE represents a different…category of attack.…
S stands for spoofing.…Spoofing attacks used falsified identity information…to gain access to a system.…This may be as simple as a social engineering attack…that fakes the sender's name on an email address,…or it may be more complicated and involve spoofing…IP addresses, MAC addresses, wireless network names,…or any other claim of identity.…The best control against spoofing…is using strong authentication.…T stands for tampering.…
Tampering attacks make unauthorized changes to systems…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.