Understand how Bluetooth works, a bit of its history, the quantity of Bluetooth devices available, and how to recognize Bluetooth. Learn how to add a Bluetooth dongle to a desktop PC.
- [Narrator] Bluetooth is a funny name…for a wireless method to connect peripherals.…It has the advantage of being able to connect…to a wide variety of peripherals…using only a single wireless standard and interface.…In this movie, I explore the concept of Bluetooth,…its history, and the type of devices you can connect.…Bluetooth has its roots in an old wireless technology.…It's based on the RS-232 port,…also known as a serial port on a PC.…This port was versatile in that it could interface…with a number of devices way back in the early days.…
You could connect to a serial port a modem, mouse,…printer, or other gizmo.…Of course, you needed a wire…and other limitations were placed on the interface.…With Bluetooth, the goal is the same…to interface with a variety of devices but wirelessly.…Typical Bluetooth devices include keyboards,…pointing devices, printers, speakers, headphones, and so on.…You can even use Bluetooth to send files between devices,…though this method is rather slow and complex…when compared with other file transfer techniques.…
This course is designed to provide a detailed introduction to PC hardware and peripherals. The fundamentals of storage, processing, graphics, audio, displays, and networks are covered. Whether you're a budding IT professional or someone who seeks a deeper understanding of how devices works, you can gain a foundation of help desk knowledge by examining the steps and techniques demonstrated in this course.
- Looking inside the computer console
- Working with connectors and connections
- Exploring the motherboard
- Working with internal and external storage
- Working with processors
- Examining memory and expansion cards
- Configuring the graphics system
- Working with monitors and touch screens
- Accessing audio
- Exploring printer types
- Connecting and configuring the printer
- Making network connections
- Setting up gateways
- Sharing network resources
- Activating and deactivating Bluetooth
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hardware Overview
2. Console Tour
3. Internal Features
Preparing mass storage6m 55s
5. PC Graphics System
6. Input/Output Devices
7. Printers and Printing
Exploring printer types3m 19s
9. Bluetooth and Bluetooth Peripherals
Understanding Bluetooth3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.