Join Ryan Spence for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Apple Business Manager, part of Learning Mobile Device Security.
- [Instructor] The mobile revolution became prominent…with the arrival of the iPhone.…Apple, unlike manufacturers before it,…aligned all of the pieces of mobile computing…around the life and use of the individual user.…For the first time, the life of the individual…was primary to the operations of a business organization.…Therefore, device acquisitions, software distribution,…and management all served the end user…and business has struggled to get a handle on this equation.…The most difficult part of the process for business…was device management and application licensing.…
In the Apple ecosystem, these items are resolved…around the Apple ID of an individual user.…For Apple, an individual purchased a device…and owned all of the applications on it.…This situation made it very difficult for organizations…to manage and distribute business critical…security and enablement.…Recognizing the difficult position their user centric…ecosystem presented to schools and businesses,…Apple built the Device Enrollment Program, or DEP,…
- Recognize two risks that accompany mobile devices.
- Recall the steps you should take to prepare a mobile phone for resale.
- Name three causes of an unrecognizable fingerprint scan.
- Identify two options available when setting up device administrators.
- Explore storage settings to maximize space on your mobile device.
- Explain how the location services tool finds a missing device.
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
Learning iPhone and iPad Securitywith Nick Brazzi1h 44m Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Security through Mobile Management
5. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.