One of the fundamental responsibilities of information security professionals is performing account management tasks. This includes designing strong processes that implement the principles of least privilege and separation of duties, implementing job rotation schemes, and managing the account life cycle. In this video, learn how to conduct account and privilege management activities.
- [Instructor] One of the fundamental responsibilities…of information security professionals…is performing account management tasks.…This includes designing strong processes…that implement the principles of least privilege…and separation of duties,…implementing job rotation schemes,…and managing the account life cycle.…The principle of least privilege…states that an individual should only have…the minimum set of privileges necessary…to complete their assigned job duties.…The separation of duties principle…states that performing sensitive actions…should require the collaboration of two individuals.…
Account managers issuing permissions…should ensure that the permissions they grant users…are consistent with these principles.…Many organizations also implement job rotation schemes…designed to move people around…from job to job on a periodic basis.…This has obvious personnel benefits…by providing teams with a diverse set of experiences…and allowing them to experience…many different aspects of the organization's operations.…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.