Learn what types of services does Softlayer offers.
- [Instructor] In terms of types of service…for IBM SoftLayer,…you need to understand that IBM is neck and neck with GCP…for last place in the market…and that's typically going to be services.…It's funny when we look at Amazon Web Services…in terms of the breadth of services that they offer,…they're in first place 'cause they have the most services.…Microsoft having the second most services is in second…and then depending on what you're calling a service in IBM…and certainly how Google identifies their cloud services,…they're missing major pieces and therefore,…they're neck and neck with last place in the market…based on the four.…
And of course, a few years ago,…we had 12 public cloud providers…and they've since left the market…and some people are speculating…that IBM may leave the market or GCP may leave the market.…I'm not sure that's going to happen,…but it's something to consider…in terms of picking your public cloud provider.…IBM has struggled selling their public cloud…even amongst their own customers.…
- Public cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Reviewing Microsoft Azure
- Reviewing Google Cloud Platform
- Reviewing IBM Softlayer
Skill Level Beginner
1. Public Cloud Basics
2. Public Cloud Platforms
3. Amazon Web Services
4. Microsoft Azure
5. Google Cloud Platform
6. IBM Softlayer
Next steps3m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.