Learn how to determine cloud threats and attacks.
- [Instructor] Cloud attacks.…Let's discuss some of the typical…cloud attacks that can occur.…Cloud attacks can occur due to vulnerabilities.…Threats can also occur both inside and outside…of the cloud environment.…When it comes to cloud attacks,…it's important to understand the several very common issues…that can happen in a cloud environment.…The first and foremost is…a distributed denial-of-service attack.…Second is a VM hopping event.…
Data bleeding can occur as well.…And compromised credentials.…Let's discuss each of these.…DDoS is a type of denial-of-service attack…where multiple compromised systems,…which are often infected with a trojan,…are used to target a single system…causing a denial-of-service attack.…Generally you can mitigate these…with load balancing, firewalls, and traffic filtering.…
VM hopping is an attack method…that exploits the hypervisor's weakness…that allows a virtual machine to be accessed from another.…This is generally, of course, going to happen…in a shared services environment.…This is also known as virtual machine hyper jumping…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks