Explore tunneling protocols related to cloud networking.
- [Instructor] Tunneling protocols.…When it comes to networking,…one of the more basic functions…is to essentially use tunneling and also use VPNs.…Let's proceed and talk about tunneling.…An IP tunnel is an Internet Protocol network…communications channel between two networks.…This is essentially a point-to-point data encapsulation.…This is one of the more basic ways…to establish a secure connection.…
When we talk about VPNs and tunneling,…it's important to understand that there's a suite…of solutions out there that can be used,…some of which are proprietary, some of which are open.…When it comes to VPN tunneling,…this is also known as port forwarding.…The VPN protocol is essentially a set of instructions…that are used to negotiate a secure…encrypted connection between two nodes.…With PPP, this is essentially point-to-point protocol.…
This is a data link layer two communications protocol…that is used to establish a direct…connection between two nodes.…L2TP is essentially a Cisco-based protocol…that is generally built into most modern operating systems…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks