Learn how to understand troubleshooting techniques.
- [Instructor] Troubleshooting cloud security.…When it comes to troubleshooting issues in the cloud,…security is probably one of the more challenging areas.…Troubleshooting cloud security…can take some time, of course.…There are several areas to look at and analyze,…as well as understand.…Cloud security complexity.…Cloud security can certainly be complex.…Security issues can arise suddenly.…Ownership and control are in the provider's hands…usually, as well.…
Visibility can also be challenging.…When it comes to troubleshooting cloud security,…you want to use the right tools.…Most of the cloud vendors, as well as third parties,…have plenty of good tools…that you could use to analyze your environment.…Whether it's a security scanner or a pentest tool,…there is plenty of tools that you could use…to assess your situation.…Some other areas you may want to look at…is to review your log files.…Your log files can certainly be a great resource…in determining where and when,…and perhaps how something has occurred.…
You may also want to look at US-CERT,…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks