In this video, Mandy Huth reviews Article 33 of the GDPR. Investigate notification requirements to a regulatory authority, internal notifications, external notifications, and what to include when notifying data subjects of a breach.
- [Instructor] Article 33 of GDPR outlines…the circumstances when and the timing…for notification in case of a data breach.…The regulation outlines that if a data subject's rights…of data privacy are at risk,…an organization is required to notify…those citizens about the situation.…It is better to err on the side of caution,…and this proves proactive prudent action…on behalf of the organization.…If an organization, whether it be the controller…or the processor, suspects a breach,…they should first notify and engage…their own internal teams.…
Some of the actions that should occur…would be to alert your info sec team…as they will run incident response for you.…IT can pull logs and help to identify root cause.…Notifying legal helps an organization…to invoke attorney client privilege.…Preparing support to respond to customer inquiries,…as well as ensuring that even the front desk…when answering the phone has canned response and procedure,…will ensure that a business is prepared…to answer any questions that come in during this time.…
DISCLAIMER: Neither LinkedIn nor the instructor represents you, and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. Certain concepts may not apply in all countries. The views (and legal interpretations) presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Compliance deadlines and penalties
- Data controllers and data processors under GDPR
- Exploring the role of the data protection office
- Technical measures outlined in the GDPR
- Reviewing the right to be forgotten and the situations that allow erasure
- Rules for children under the age of 16
- Breach notification