This video contains a discussion of threat intelligence on the latest attacks.
- [Instructor] Threat intelligence is focused…on analyzing evidence-based knowledge…about an existing or emerging hazard to our assets.…Threat intelligence combines data…from a large number of sources…to provide us the context, mechanisms,…indicators, implications, and actual information…about a given threat.…Threat intelligence has become a big business as well,…with companies like FireEye providing subscription services…that help keep cybersecurity professionals like us…up to date on the latest attacks,…vulnerabilities, threats,…mitigations against zero-day attacks, and much more.…
Because information technology changes so quickly,…so do the types of attacks that are being observed.…In the olden days,…threat actors were focusing their attacks on servers…because all of these servers…had at least some ports and protocols open by default.…After all, the job of a server is to have open services…that could be utilized by an authorized client.…But as administrators have done a better job…of protecting servers,…threat actors have moved on to easier targets, our clients.…
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.