Learn about what to look for in self-service components, how to choose, what their features are, and how to enable processes.
- Communication systems are at the heart…of any service desk.…We must implement systems that are going to provide…a seamless single point of contact framework…to our customer.…Service desk support started with customers…needing to walk in for help and then evolved…into established centers…that required a simple phone call.…Today we have a variety of contact methods that a customer…can utilize, including phone, chat, email, fax,…web ticket submissions, text messaging, social media,…and walk up visits.…
Your systems better be prepared…for this multi method service delivery,…especially if your customers are asking for it.…How many methods do you currently have?…So now that we listed support delivery methods,…we need to look at the technology that can support…this many methods.…Let's start with the telephone.…Telephony tools have been around since…Alexander Graham Bell uttered the first famous words,…Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you.…Of course for us today, it's more like,…come here, I need you to help me.…
There are many different types of systems…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.