Threat modeling is an important part of the risk management process. It provides valuable information about the threats facing an organization and the attack types that those threats might engage in. As the organization identifies vulnerabilities to threats, it should continue to evolve its controls. In this video, learn about the technology and process remediation that should accompany threat modeling efforts.
- [Instructor] Threat modeling…is an important part of the risk management process.…It provides valuable information…about the threats facing an organization…and the attack types that those threats might engage in.…As the organization identifies vulnerabilities…that it might have to specific threats,…it should continue to evolve its security controls.…Let's take a look at the technology and process remediation…that should accompany threat modeling efforts.…From a technology perspective,…threat modeling should prompt periodic reviews…of the security infrastructure.…
For example,…if security analysts see the issue of data theft…coming up repeatedly and they're a threat modeling,…this may indicate a deficiency…in the organizations ability to combat the loss…of confidential information.…It becomes even more concerning…if actual data loss incidents take place…in the organization.…This combination of circumstances…should prompt a review of whether the organization…has appropriate data protection controls in place.…An organization in this situation…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.