Threat modeling is an important part of the risk management process. It provides valuable information about the threats facing an organization and the attack types that those threats might engage in. As the organization identifies vulnerabilities to threats, it should continue to evolve its controls. In this video, learn about the technology and process remediation that should accompany threat modeling efforts.
- [Mike] Threat modeling is an important part…of the risk management process.…It provides valuable information…about the threats facing an organization…and the attack types that those threats might engage in.…As the organization identifies vulnerabilities…that it might have to specific threats,…it should continue to evolve its security controls.…Let's take a look at the technology and process remediation…that should accompany threat modeling efforts.…From a technology perspective, threat modeling…should prompt periodic reviews…of the security infrastructure.…
For example, if security analysts see the issue…of data theft coming up repeatedly in their threat modeling,…this may indicate a deficiency in the organization's…ability to combat the loss of confidential information.…It becomes even more concerning…if actual data loss incidents take place…in the organization.…This combination of circumstances should prompt a review…of whether the organization…has appropriate data protection controls in place.…An organization in this situation might decide…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.