In this video, Mandy Huth discusses the technical measures outlined in Article 32 of the GDPR. Investigate data encryption, critical security controls, data restoration, and testing of controls.
- [Instructor] Once an organization…understands what data they have,…they have to show appropriate diligence in protecting it.…These measures are called out in article 32 of the GDPR.…There are four components outlined…for implementing technical controls that ensure…a level of security appropriate to the risks.…The first is around anonymization and encryption.…Plain text is a bad thing.…Mostly because it can be read by anyone when…it's intercepted, including bad actors.…
An organization should consider…data in transit and data at rest.…For data in transit,…TLS encryption is a good technical choice.…For data at rest, encryption using AES256…is a solid technical choice as well.…Next, is the confidentiality, integrity,…and availability of the data, or the CIA of the data.…These components are protected by many controls.…An organization can reference the center for internet…security's critical security controls page…to look at what these controls are.…
These controls align to other frameworks as well.…They align to ISO 27002, which is an international standard.…
DISCLAIMER: Neither LinkedIn nor the instructor represents you, and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. Certain concepts may not apply in all countries. The views (and legal interpretations) presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Compliance deadlines and penalties
- Data controllers and data processors under GDPR
- Exploring the role of the data protection office
- Technical measures outlined in the GDPR
- Reviewing the right to be forgotten and the situations that allow erasure
- Rules for children under the age of 16
- Breach notification