Learn about symmetric ciphers.
- [Instructor] In addition to classifying…encryption ciphers into stream and block ciphers,…we can also categorize them as either symmetric…or asymmetric algorithms,…based on the type of key they utilize…to secure their data.…With symmetric encryption, a single key is used…to encrypt and decrypt the data.…With asymmetric encryption, a different key is used…to encrypt the data than to decrypt it.…Symmetric algorithms are often called…private key encryption,…due to the fact that both the sender and the receiver…need to know the shame shared secret…or privately held key.…
Symmetric key is a fairly easy concept to understand.…After all, your house can be locked or unlocked…using the exact same key.…And if you wanted me to be able to unlock your house also,…you'd have to give me an exact copy of your private key,…allowing us to have a shared secret key.…Due to this shared key, confidentiality can be assured,…but non repudiation cannot be.…The challenge with symmetric algorithms, though,…is one of key distribution.…If you wanted to send encrypted emails…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Adapting data flow security to changing business needs
- Provisioning and deprovisioning resources
- Security and privacy considerations of storage integration
- Integrating the cloud and virtualization into the secure enterprise architecture
- Identity proofing and identity propagation
- Integrating cryptographic techniques into the secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Mobile device encryption considerations
- Integrating secure communications and collaboration solutions
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
CASP+ Cert Prep: 1 Risk Managementwith Jason Dion2h 34m Advanced
1. Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
2. Integrating the Cloud and Virtualization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
3. Integrating Authentication and Authorization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
4. Integrating Cryptographic Techniques into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
5. Integrating Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
What next?3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.