Get a summary of VMware.
- [Instructor] Let's summarize…VMware vCloud Suite private cloud.…Again, it's a good fit for VMware loyalists,…and there's a lot of them out there,…so I can't really knock VMware…vCloud Suite private cloud for being…kind of a non-traditional private cloud,…because the number of VMware users that are out there…that are looking for a private cloud…that basically prays to the VMware gods…and works and plays well with the existing…VMware virtualization, so that, on its own,…could be something that is a saving grace…for the product, and could be something…that you value, which means you're going to…leverage that product, this private cloud.…
Can be costly because you're paying for it,…it's not open-source, however,…what you pay in money, you kind of gain…in installation ease and support,…because it's a big, rich, publicly-traded company.…You need to consider long-term viability, however,…'cause they may pull the plug on this at some point.…If they don't get enough users, and ultimately,…they want to focus on a different direction,…
- Private cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing OpenStack
- Reviewing Microsoft Private Cloud
- Reviewing VMware vCloud Suite
- Reviewing Apache CloudStack
Skill Level Beginner
1. Private Cloud Basics
2. Private Cloud Platforms
4. Microsoft Private Cloud
5. VMware vCloud Suite Private Cloud
6. Apache CloudStack Private Cloud
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.