Get a summary of OpenStack.
- [Tutor] Okay let's summarize.…So what's important about the OpenStack private cloud?…Well OpenStack is an evolving open-source project…so keep in mind that if you do not like…it's current features and functions, you can change it.…You can join OpenStack and get involved with the communities…and even write code and contribute code,…and so it's nicer and probably less risky…than when you're dealing with proprietary systems…that are owned by somebody…and therefore controlled by somebody,…and they can be sold and they can be changed,…and there's really not a lot you can do about it.…So, thus it provides a great deal of flexibility.…
There's nothing you can't do because you have the code.…So obviously everybody doesn't want to code…and rewrite their private cloud operating systems,…but you certainly have the ability to do it…so they get high marks in flexibility.…However, that also makes it complex.…Installing an OpenStack is incredibly complex,…takes a lot of time, takes a lot of knowhow,…and it's notoriously very tough to get up and running.…
- Private cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing OpenStack
- Reviewing Microsoft Private Cloud
- Reviewing VMware vCloud Suite
- Reviewing Apache CloudStack
Skill Level Beginner
1. Private Cloud Basics
2. Private Cloud Platforms
4. Microsoft Private Cloud
5. VMware vCloud Suite Private Cloud
6. Apache CloudStack Private Cloud
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.