Learn about stream and block ciphers.
- [Instructor] Ciphers can be broken down…into two different categories based on the method used…to ingest the data into the algorithm.…These ciphers are categorized as either a stream cipher…or a block cipher.…Stream ciphers perform their computations and encryptions…on a single bit at a time,…making them a bit by bit process.…They utilize key stream generators to create a bit stream…that is mixed with the input plaintext…using a mathematical XOR function or Exclusive OR.…This allows it to create the encrypted ciphertext.…
Because stream ciphers perform bit by bit encryption,…they are well suited…for securing real-time communication data streams…like streaming audio or streaming video.…Stream-based ciphers are often used…in hardware encryption devices…and have a lower error rate than block ciphers.…They also use the same key for encryption and decryption.…Stream ciphers tend to be cheaper to utilize…than a block cipher…and they also employ confusion technology only,…not diffusion technology.…What is confusion?…
- Adapting data flow security to changing business needs
- Provisioning and deprovisioning resources
- Security and privacy considerations of storage integration
- Integrating the cloud and virtualization into the secure enterprise architecture
- Identity proofing and identity propagation
- Integrating cryptographic techniques into the secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Mobile device encryption considerations
- Integrating secure communications and collaboration solutions
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
CASP+ Cert Prep: 1 Risk Managementwith Jason Dion2h 34m Advanced
1. Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
2. Integrating the Cloud and Virtualization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
3. Integrating Authentication and Authorization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
4. Integrating Cryptographic Techniques into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
5. Integrating Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
What next?3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.