Governments and professional organizations have a responsibility to create and enforce guidelines that will protect the public from AI abuses while still allowing important benefits to be realized. Recommendations are offered to help them identify the factors they are best able to control that will ensure safety without unduly impairing progress.
- [Instructor] Regulators know…that things don't always work as intended…and there are times when regulations can backfire.…One of the simplest examples of this is passwords.…Passwords are an important part…of online security as anybody knows,…but the rules for passwords can make…things really difficult,…that it has to be very long,…it has to include random strings…and uppercase and lowercase and numbers and characters,…it can get really difficult,…and one unintended consequences of this…is that sometimes people just give up…and they write their password on a little sticky note…and they put it on their computer…and you've completely defeated the purpose…of having passwords in the first place.…
The idea here is that regulations may seem obvious…but they can become so difficult…that they defeat their entire reason for being.…And there are special challenges when it comes…to regulating artificial intelligence.…The idea is that rules that appear…to be common sense may not be practical in the real world,…say for instance human-in-the-loop decision-making…
- Bias in AI
- Navigating the social challenges of AI
- Moral reasoning and relational ethics
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and AI
- Discrimination in data
- Liability and AI
- AI in life-and-death situations
- Confronting the challenges of AI as a developer, executive, and consumer
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Context for AI
2. Technical Challenges of AI
3. Social Challenges of AI
4. Legal Challenges of AI
5. Safety Challenges of AI
AI in the military4m 36s
6. Confronting the Challenges of AI
Next steps2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.