Public relations specialists are in an important position to help the public understand the purpose and nature of their organization's work in AI. They also need to respond to unanticipated problems that may arise, and do so in a manner that can maintain the public's trust while the problems are resolved.
- [Instructor] Public relations can take on…a special focus when working in artificial intelligence.…Perhaps the most important thing to remember here,…as with any PR project, is that you…are the guardian of the relationship…between your organization and your public.…You shape the relationship with customers,…with investors, with regulators,…and with the general public who may be…evaluating or talking about your work.…And remember that the process by which…your AI operates and the interaction…between your organization and these various…parties can be just as important…as the outcome that is created by your AI.…
You also want to make sure that your AI is authentic,…that people know what they're dealing with,…so they don't feel that they've been…duped or misled in the process.…That creates a grounding of trust…for your company's AI work.…The idea here is that you want to work…in good faith and be a trusted partner.…Make sure that both the data and the algorithms…that you use in your AI project…are checked for bias frequently,…
- Bias in AI
- Navigating the social challenges of AI
- Moral reasoning and relational ethics
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and AI
- Discrimination in data
- Liability and AI
- AI in life-and-death situations
- Confronting the challenges of AI as a developer, executive, and consumer
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Context for AI
2. Technical Challenges of AI
3. Social Challenges of AI
4. Legal Challenges of AI
5. Safety Challenges of AI
AI in the military4m 36s
6. Confronting the Challenges of AI
Next steps2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.