Consumers are, in many cases, the ultimate beneficiaries of AI, but there are important practices that consumers can keep in mind to protect their privacy, minimize their risks, and reap the greatest personal benefits from AI developments.
- [Instructor] I want to conclude my discussion…on strategies for dealing with the ethical…and legal and social challenges of artificial intelligence…by looking at what consumers can do.…There are three basic categories…of responses for consumers.…The first one is know your rights.…Know what data companies can use…and how they can use it.…A good example of this is the GDPR's…right to explanation and also it's…right to be forgotten, where if you feel…like you've been harmed by an automated decision,…you can appeal and require that they…explain to you how it was done.…
You can also request that your information…be removed completely from a company's records.…Also, it's important to know how antibias laws work…and how those laws can apply to the decisions…made by artificial intelligence algorithms.…Next, know that you can fight for your rights.…AI algorithms are human creations,…so don't defer if it doesn't seem right.…That's important because so often…when people are presented with a technical solution,…they assume that it is impartial,…
- Bias in AI
- Navigating the social challenges of AI
- Moral reasoning and relational ethics
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and AI
- Discrimination in data
- Liability and AI
- AI in life-and-death situations
- Confronting the challenges of AI as a developer, executive, and consumer
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Context for AI
2. Technical Challenges of AI
3. Social Challenges of AI
4. Legal Challenges of AI
5. Safety Challenges of AI
AI in the military4m 36s
6. Confronting the Challenges of AI
Next steps2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.