Keylogging quietly capture all keystrokes and are generally used to take personal information, such as a password or credit card number. Lisa Bock explains the best defense is to protect against keylogging with techniques such as: use a firewall, employ anti-malware protection, and user account control.
- [Voiceover] Steganography is hiding in plain sight,…and dates back to over 2,500 years.…Steganography has three basic elements,…we need some type of carrier, such as music, or an image,…that must be able to pass…as the original and appear harmless.…Then we have the payload,…which is generally the secret message.…Then that, using Steganography software,…becomes the hidden message.…Now, no one, outside of the sender and receiver,…should suspect anything.…
Because of the digital technology,…we can embed a payload in any number of carriers.…Closely related to Steganography is a watermark.…Now, there are literally hundreds of Steganography tools,…some examples include, MP3Stego, which can utilize MP3s,…S-Tools, which can use bitmaps, GIFs or WAVs.…
An OpenPuff is a professional steganography tool…that has a wide of carriers it can use,…including PNGs, MP3s or even PDFs.…I'm at the command prompt,…and we're going to put Jasper as the carrier,…with the secret message inside.…Alright, that hidden message is now on my desktop,…
These tutorials, along with the other courses featured in the Ethical Hacking series, will prepare students to pass the Certified Ethical Hacker exam and start a career in this in-demand field. Find out more about the exam at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Acquiring passwords
- Generating rainbow tables
- Understanding where passwords are stored
- Defending against privilege escalation
- Understanding spyware
- Protecting against keylogging
- Detecting steganography
- How hackers cover their tracks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. System Hacking Overview
2. Gaining Access
3. Privilege Escalation
6. Hiding in Plain Sight
7. Cover Your Tracks
How to cover your tracks2m 34s
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.