Join David Bombal for an in-depth discussion in this video Start a web server on a Mininet host, part of Practical Software-Defined Networking: 3 Learning Mininet.
- [Instructor] So, I'll exit Mininet…and go back to the ODL controller.…Pingall.…Reload the topology.…Host one and host two…are once again connected to switch one.…I can start a Python web server…on one of the hosts,…so h1 python -m SimpleHTTPServer port 80…and start the process in the background.…
So, that's started a web server on host one.…So, on host two we could do a wget.…In other words, what we gonna do…is we going to connect to host one…and try and retrieve some information back…from the web server.…And as you can see here,…we've retrieved HTML from that server.…So, scrolling up, we can see that host two connected…to host one.…We got some HTML text back…from that server.…
Now, you don't have to just use web servers,…you could start DNS servers…or any other type of Linux server…on one of these hosts.…They have full Linux capability.…So, let's do that again but talk to the HP controller.…So, there are two hosts.…I'll start the web server on host one,…host two can ping host one…and we can do a wget,…so host two can get to web pages…
Note: This course uses GNS3 for all demonstrations.
- Why Mininet?
- Working with Mininet commands
- sudo mn
- Starting a web server on a Mininet host
- Configuring Mininet MAC addresses
- Mininet linear, tree, and torus topologies
- Bridging Mininet to the outside world
- Mininet OpenFlow version
Skill Level Beginner
Networking Foundations: IP Addressingwith Timothy Pintello2h 35m Intermediate
Networking Foundations: Network Media (LANs)with Greg Sowell1h 9m Intermediate
1. Mininet Overview
2. Mininet Integration with ODL
3. Mininet Commands
4. Mininet Topologies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.