In the 25 years since information technology began its meteoric rise, the development of standards, regulations, and guidelines, such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, COBIT, and SOX have reduced the amount of data exposure.
- [Narrator] In the 25 years since information technology began its dramatic rise, the development of standards, regulations and guidelines such as PCI DSS, HIPAA COBIT and SOX have reduced the amount of data exposure. If we go to the Federal Trade Commission page on privacy and security here at this website, we see they have listed specific guidelines on various forms of privacy and security.
Let's take a look. This includes children's privacy. This gives parents control over what information websites can collect on their children. And consumer privacy, consumers can be absolutely clear as to what is done with all of the data collected. Credit reporting, this provides assurance of how businesses use data to determine credit worthiness.
And data security, this is information on how to keep personal information about customers and their database. So you can see that there are a number of regulations and guidelines to ensure that the data that is collected is protected. With the Internet of things, we enter a new paradigm and we must have some assurance that our data is secure.
In this course, join Lisa Bock as she explores the relationship between security, privacy, and the IoT. Lisa discusses how the vulnerabilities in IoT devices have the potential to compromise user privacy and make them more susceptible to attacks and glitches. In addition, she discusses IoT privacy concerns; existing standards, regulations, and guidelines, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley; and proposed standards and legislation that are currently in the works to ensure the privacy of the data collected on the IoT.
- Security, privacy, and the IoT
- Attacks and glitches
- Denial-of-sleep attacks
- Voice and sound attacks
- IoT vulnerabilities
- Glitches and compatibility issues
- Privacy concerns
- Existing standards and regulations
- Proposed standards and legislation
- Firewalls and IDS
Skill Level Intermediate
Raspberry Pi: Home Monitoring and Controlwith David Ross1h 29m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Mobile Devices and Platformswith Malcolm Shore1h 47m Intermediate
2. Potential Attacks and Glitches
5. Existing Standards and Regulations
6. Proposed Standards and Legislation
7. Securing IoT Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.