Walk through what to collect and how to use it when making staffing considerations.
- There are many models that you can utilize…to determine staffing resources.…To start with, you'll need to look at…the what questions, that we asked earlier.…If you have specific service level targets to hit,…like abandonment rate, response times and resolution times,…you will want to investigate using workforce management…calculations, processes, and tools,…that will accurately forecast how to hit those targets,…with the proper number of staff.…Workforce management calculations include…Erlang C, staffing models, and ratio models…that take into consideration handle times,…service-level targets, volume…and arrival patterns of contacts, and number of users.…
Workforce management software tools…can take these elements into account.…In order to determine proper staffing levels…to plug into a software or simple spreadsheet,…you'll need to ensure you have the following data,…that is correct and validated.…Average handle time, or AHT, which includes…how much time is spent talking to the customer,…placing a customer on hold, and any after contact work.…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.