Learn about some steps and questions to ask and answer when making staffing considerations.
- Questions that I'm often asked by students who are…concerned about their future role in the service desk are,…"Am I going to have a job in the next few years?"…"What is this we keep hearing about bots and automation?"…"Am I even necessary to run a service desk?"…Well we don't have a crystal ball and our industry…is rapidly changing, and more and more support is being…automated and self-service is a key part of support…for a service desk, but at some level people will always…be the most important component of a service desk.…
People are not only the most important component…of our service desk, they're also the most expensive.…Anywhere from 60 to 80% of a service desk budget…is allocated for the people line item.…This includes salaries and benefits.…Since people are the biggest expense,…they need to be the biggest asset as well.…Unfortunately in many organizations there are people…that are more of a liability than an asset.…When I work with companies that have people or staff issues,…such as poor performance, low morale, and high turnover,…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Intermediate
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.