Spyware comes in many different categories, all can pose a serious problem as they are designed to track your usage, and capture passwords and data. Lisa covers spyware and how advertisers lure you to sites in order to infect your system Methods include Ad networks, cookies, Keyloggers, and Trojan Horses.
- Spyware comes in many different categories.…All can pose a serious problem,…as they are designed to track your usage…and capture passwords and data.…Ad Networks are companies that pay software developers…to display ads when viewing the site.…First, the user is enticed to visit the site.…Once in the site, there may be some ploy,…such as a pop-up, to entice you to download a cookie.…However, most of the time the software is installed…without a user's knowledge or consent.…
The user's browsing habits are tracked…so that ads can be specifically designed for them.…Also, movement can be tracked as well,…meaning each time you go to open an ad,…or go to a site that is a particular network,…this is tracked as well.…A Trojan Horse, many times, is presented…as a useful tool or utility through a free download.…A Trojan Horse also could be bundled into a popular program…and is offered as a bonus add-on in addition…to the main software.…
It's really important to read the end-user license agreement…before installing any software,…
These tutorials, along with the other courses featured in the Ethical Hacking series, will prepare students to pass the Certified Ethical Hacker exam and start a career in this in-demand field. Find out more about the exam at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Acquiring passwords
- Generating rainbow tables
- Understanding where passwords are stored
- Defending against privilege escalation
- Understanding spyware
- Protecting against keylogging
- Detecting steganography
- How hackers cover their tracks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. System Hacking Overview
2. Gaining Access
3. Privilege Escalation
6. Hiding in Plain Sight
7. Cover Your Tracks
How to cover your tracks2m 34s
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.