Software code may be used as evidence in an investigation and software forensic techniques may be used to analyze that software in an effort to render an expert opinion. In this video, learn how software forensic techniques may be used to draw evidentiary conclusions.
- [Instructor] Software code may be used…as evidence in an investigation,…and software forensic techniques may be used…to analyze that software in an effort…to render an expert opinion.…There are two major uses of software forensics…in today's cybersecurity environment.…First, software forensics are often used to help resolve…intellectual property disputes between parties.…This is a very common occurrence in civil disputes,…and software forensic specialists are often used in court…to testify about the origins of software code.…
For example, suppose a key software developer…leaves a company and accepts a position at a competitor.…The competitor may then later release a new product version…that includes features very similar…to the first company's product.…The first company may accuse the competitor…of using the newly-hired software developer…to steal code.…The competitor may respond that they independently developed…the new feature without any help from the new hire…or access to the competitor's software code.…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Computer Forensics (2014)with Jungwoo Ryoo1h 57m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.