Review security considerations for when cloud apps use containers.
- [Instructor] So now that we've talked about, you know,…cloud security, the different models, some of the concepts,…now we're going to talk about, and we've seen some examples…of cloud service providers…and how we have a shared security model operating…in those environments,…now let's talk about how software containers change…how we think about security.…So a software container is this concept of breaking up…an application into smaller parts and putting each one…of those parts into a container.…
In the past when we've had a virtual machine,…we basically run an operating system on that virtual machine…and then we run an application onto that virtual machine,…and so we have to treat that virtual machine…as a combination of a operating system and the applications…that run on top of that operating system,…and it's really like a virtual computer.…With a software container,…what we've done is we've abstracted just the application,…and the application runs and is decomposed…and runs on a stateless set of underlying infrastructure,…
This course was created and produced by Mentor Source, Inc. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Components of a cloud computing platform
- Reviewing 5-4-3 cloud characteristics
- NIST guidelines on cloud security
- Cloud security considerations
- CSP availability requirements
- Security best practices for clouds
- AWS security settings and best practices
- Software containers used in cloud systems
- Cloud security certifications