This video contains a discussion of standard libraries, industry accepted approaches, web security services, and other techniques in software assurance.
- [Instructor] Software assurance is a process to ensure…that applications meet an acceptable level…of security for the functions they are designed to provide.…There are many ways to conduct software assurance,…these include actions to audit…and log the functions performed by the software.…The use of standard code libraries…in the development of the software.…Industry accepted approaches, web security services,…and other techniques.…The least formal method of software assurance…is to use auditing and logging.…In this approach the enterprise environment…is continually audited and logged in order to determine…if applications are acting in a secure…and appropriate manner.…
Any unusual actions are investigated,…and a root cause will then be determined.…Most enterprise environments utilize…risk management across the enterprise.…This ongoing process continually looks at the risks,…vulnerabilities, and appropriate mitigations for them.…This can be another form of informal software assurance…or utilized as part of a larger formal methodology.…
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.