While many people view social networking as a way to chat with friends and share cat videos, organizations take social networking very seriously. In this video, learn about the risks posed to both corporate and personal social media accounts and the controls that organizations can use to protect these accounts.
- [Narrator] While many people view social networking…as a way to chat with friends or share cat videos,…organizations take social networking very seriously.…Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are valuable business tools…that organizations may use to connect with customers,…communicate with stakeholders,…and recruit potential employees.…It's very important that these organizations…implement strong security practices…designed to keep their social network accounts secure.…One of the most common attacks against…corporate social media accounts…is when an attacker manages to hijack an account.…
This commonly occurs when an account…has a weak password or the attacker manages to use…social engineering to trick someone…into granting him or her access.…For example, Tesla recently had their Twitter account hacked…and the perpetrator posted this tweet…advertising that Tesla was giving away vehicles…to anyone who called the listed phone number.…The number belonged to a computer repair shop…in Illinois that was inundated with phone calls.…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 33m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.